November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

We had quite an eventful day.  While the kids, big and small, were playing whiffle ball, Kenny pitched to his brother Brian and he hit a line drive right back square in his eye.  I didn't know what had happened. All I saw was Kenny laying flat on the ground with everyone standing around him.  He slowly got up and when I saw him, this is what his eye looked like (see picture below).  He was unable to see out of it, so I called the nurse help line, and they said to come to the hospital.  So Kenny, his dad, Derek, and Matt spent a couple of hours in the Urgent Care.  The doctor said he would be able to see better in a couple of days and he has a follow up appointment on Monday.     

The picture doesn't do it much justice, it swelled up quite a bit more and bruised the next day.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ouch.

Anonymous said...

Hope your eye gets better buddy. I'll pray for ya.

Anonymous said...

Since I can't seem to email you, I'll let you know that I got the message about Ethan's head size! I thought it was a little smaller than mine were. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the post, but whatever! -Sandy